- On this Website
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website, Company, or its employees and/or other agents
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy
It does not apply to information collected by:
Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party[ (including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of Majority
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of majority. No one under the age of majority may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of majority. If you are under the age of majority, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of majority without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of majority, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“Personal Information”)
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as location, school, interests, skills, employment; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses (And Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies)
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In order to process payments
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (adjust your user preferences in your account profile).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Applicable laws require us to have a “legal basis” for using and sharing your information.We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Riipen Networks Inc assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Riipen Networks Inc about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your Personal Information to our professional advisers as reasonably necessary for the purposes of managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information (i.e., information that does not personally identify you directly), or statistical information about you, including statistical data and historical use data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their services for you and others, or for educational purposes. Your Personal Information will not be shared on an individual, identifiable basis under these circumstances, nor can you ask us to restrict this type of sharing, since it does not identify you.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Riipen Networks Inc our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Vendor Specific Disclosure
Riipen's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address and contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third-party products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third-party collection or use of your information to serve interest- based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI website.
Where We Send Your Information
We are a Canadian company, but we work with and process Data about individuals across the world. To operate our business, we may send your personal information outside of your state, province, or country, including to the United States. This data may be subject to the laws of the countries where we send it. When we send your information across borders, we take steps to protect your information, and we try to only send your information to countries that have strong data protection laws.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For more information about Riipen’s data security, see our Security Policy.
Data Privacy Officer
Riipen has appointed a data protection officer. The appointed person may be reached at email@example.com.
Your Right in Relation to Your Personal Information
A. For United States Residents and others not living in the EEA:
You have the rights provided under the laws applicable to where you live. Additionally, you can ask us questions about the Personal Information that we have relating to you, ask us to correct any of that Personal Information if it is wrong and you can verify that with us.
B. For Residents of the EEA:
You have the right to access your Personal Information. You can obtain from us confirmation if Personal Information is being Processed, the purpose of Processing, the categories of Data, the legal basis of the Processing, information on recipients of the Data and the non-EU countries in which they are located, and the safeguards put in place for the transfer of Data to non-EU countries. “Processing” means any activity that involves the use of Personal Information. It includes obtaining, recording or holding the Data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on it including organizing, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. You are responsible for keeping your Personal Information up-to-date.
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information and to have incomplete Data completed, but only to the extent that the Data is still under our control.
You have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Information for compelling and legitimate reasons relating to your particular situation, except in cases where legal provisions expressly provide for that Processing, or when upon your initial request, the Personal Information has already been transmitted.
You may request your Personal Information that you have provided to us and which is still retained by us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to request that we transmit it to other data controllers or processors without hindrance. This right only exists if the Processing is based on your consent or on a contract between us, and the Processing is carried out by automated means.
You may request to restrict Processing of your Personal Information if: (i) you contest the accuracy of it – for a period we need to verify your request; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of it and request restriction instead; (iii) we no longer need it, but you tell us you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you object to Processing based on public or legitimate interest – for a period we need to verify your request. Please note that this right is limited to the extent that the Data is still under our control.
You may request to have your Personal Information erased if: (i) it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the Processing exists, (iii) you objected and no overriding legitimate grounds for the Processing exist, (iv) the Processing is unlawful, or (v) erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation. Please note that this right is limited to the extent that the Data is still under our control.
Right to lodge a complaint:
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EEA member state of your residence, place of employment, or the location where the issue that is the subject of the complaint occurred.
Right to refuse or withdraw consent:
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored by us on the servers of the cloud-based database management services that we engage, located in Canada. We retain your Personal Information collected as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, and to comply with our legal obligations.
Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general with regard to the Processing of Personal Information, Customer is the Controller, Riipen is the Processor.
For more information, see Riipen’s Data Processing Addendum.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Riipen’s use of information that constitutes your Personal Infomration and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Infomration within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to:
Instant EU GDPR Representative LtdINSTANT EU GDPR REPRESENTATIVE LIMITED Office 2 12A Lower Main Street, Lucan Co. Dublin K78 X5P8
+ 353 15 549 700
Last update: 11th May 2023