For Companies and Small Businesses
Find, then work with college students on your small business’ projects
The Riipen difference
How it works
Your projects, North America’s students
- Reach 7,000+ educators and their 100,000+ students.
- 155 project templates (and counting) available to turn your ideas into published internship projects within 10 minutes.
- Powerful Recommendation Engine suggests relevant academic courses to match with your projects.
Use your tech stack (or ours)
- Conduct interviews and host meetings with Zoom and Google Meet integrations.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to the students you work with to build their portfolio, then receive their work in return.
Pay interns with mentorship
- Schools pay to give their students access to Riipen, fully-subsidizing the cost for participating employers
- Hire the top performing students after your match with no fees or hidden costs
- Pay it forward by giving students the work experience they need to stand-out
Don't take our word for it. See Riipen in action.
D Byers & Associates
Rethink the definition of internships
Zero cost to you
Build a diverse talent pipeline
Reach schools locally and across borders
Frequently asked questions
How does Riipen differ from an internship?
Riipen is different from internship platforms and job boards in three main respects: 1) nearly all projects are virtual; 2) student's work is project-based; and 3) usually, the learner's work is part of an academic program. Most activities are also team-based rather than individual. With that said, some Riipen projects will entail 100+ hours of student effort and can provide learners with a similar level of experience to internship programs. Search "virtual internship" in our Course Library to see some examples of these.
What kind of work can students do?
The best way to get a sense of this is to browse the Riipen Courses to see what opportunities are available. Learners on Riipen have worked on wide-ranging projects, including web design, simulation modelling, data mining, market research, graphic design, financial analysis, and many more. Project areas are driven by academic requirements, and there will always be a learning component for learners in addition to the value to your business.
How do I find the right work-based learning experience?
The success of an internship program largely depends on communicating your objectives and business needs, so make sure you spend some extra time creating a clear description of your project to find interns in no time.
Fortunately, Riipen provides employers with pre-built templates to help them get started while providing free access to over 100,000 students and 450 educational institutions.