Click here for full eligibility requirements and Terms & Conditions.
- Be a current student registered in a Canadian post-secondary education institution, with no age limit; and
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- are legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Be a registered Canadian small business or non-profit organization; and
- have a business challenge in mind that will be converted into an 80-hour project with defined scope of work; and
- don't need prior experience working with students, but must have capacity to spend time with the students - educating them on business challenges or opportunities and answering questions to complete the project.
Find a Match in the Marketplace
Explore an open marketplace of active internship opportunities from a wide variety of disciplines and employers. Upload your profile and request matches with a unique non-profit or a small business in the industry that matches your dream job.
Popular project areas include: Communications, Digital & Social Media Marketing, Market Research, Sales Strategy, Product Launch, Graphic Design, Website Development
Work in a Group or Independently
Join group-based projects to practice your leadership and collaboration skills, or match with a solo project to demonstrate your personal expertise.
Work from Anywhere
All Level UP projects can be completed 100% remotely. Riipen supports Google Meet and Zoom integration so you can take all meetings online and work with employers from anywhere in the country.
Tracking and Reminders
Track your hours and get reminders on major project milestones through the Level UP portal. Keep track of important documents and communications all in one place.
Portfolio of Experiences
Each Level UP experience consists of a fully scoped project, which can become a new entry in your resume or portfolio. Show recruiters that you have demonstrated work-ready skills and prepared for the next step in your career.
Get valuable insights from industry professionals on your work. Our network of thousands of Canadian employers are committed to provide mentorship and guidance to prepare you for the workforce and happy to leave you a LinkedIn recommendation or write a referral letter.
Riipen sends your $1,400 stipend through Interac e-Transfer to make payments simple. Each time you complete a project and complete the exit survey, your payment will be on its way within 5 business days. (Note: Students are responsible for declaring their stipends as taxable income)